塞浦路斯国际电影节（CYIFF）每年举办一届，在非营利艺术组织国际文化节-a 501(c)(3)的保护下，致力于促进和支持体现多样性、创新性和独特视觉的独立电影和电影制作人，电影节在美丽的地中海岛屿塞浦路斯与CINE@ART FESTIVALS电影艺术节网络合作。活动的主要地点是帕福斯，女神阿芙罗狄蒂的出生地。电影节上为了庆祝电影明星的崛起，期间将举办几项艺术活动。您可以向cyiff2018@gmail.com表达您的建议，并将您关于“女神阿芙罗狄蒂”和“和平”主题类别的艺术提案提交至cyiff2018@gmail.com
Cyprus International Film Festival (CYIFF) takes place annually, under the umbrella of Cultural International Festivals -a 501(c)(3) non-profit arts organization dedicated to promoting and supporting independent films and filmmakers that embody diversity, innovation and uniqueness of vision-, in cooperation with CINE@ART FESTIVALS network, on the beautiful Mediterranean island of Cyprus. The main location of the event is Pafos the birthplace of Goddess Aphrodite. the festival celebrates the rising film stars and several artistic events will take place during the festival. You can express your interest and apply with your artistic proposal regarding the "Goddess Aphrodite" and "Peace" theme categories to email@example.com
A Table Read with chosen scripts will be held during the festival.
History: The festival was inaugurated on March 23, 2006 by the Cypriot Minister of Education and Culture Mr Pefkios Georgiades and was held in three cities, Larnaca, Limassol and Nicosia with the cooperation of K-Cineplex.
In 2012, the event was hosted in K-Cineplex in Pafos and the following years in Neapolis Amphitheatre in Pafos.
The Cyprus International Film Festival is the biggest of artistic high value independent cinema event of the whole region, spilling over Cyprus boundaries and spreading over the whole region with repercussions reaching worldwide. CΥIFF is the first internationally oriented film festival which offers new and upcoming directors in multiple sectors of entertainment (such as feature films, short films, animations, music videos, dance, experimental films and video art) the opportunity to showcase their talent in front of a jury of internationally acclaimed cinema experts, directors and actors. CYIFF has a competitive section.
Films produced the last 36 months, by emerging directors are selected for the screening program.
-Women filmmakers (director and/or producer) can submit their film to compete for the Aphrodite Cinematic Award. There is no restriction regarding the production year, the genre or the duration of the film in this specific category.
-"50/50" is a category with film credits 50% men and 50% women. No restriction in genre, length or production year.
All awarded filmmakers will get special discounts in renting facilities for their next film production in Cyprus.
The festival is dedicated exclusively to the emerging independent filmmakers who are going to present the screening of their film. We try to accommodate as many films as we can. Live film screenings are scheduled with priority to the filmmakers who attend the festival. With the competition section of first feature films in the category "Golden Aphrodite" and first short films in the category “CYIFF Got Talent", the festival's motto is the following: “The Best of the First!”.
• Only First, Second and Third Feature Films are eligible to participate for the “Golden Aphrodite Award”.
• All other feature films are eligible for the “CYPress Veteran`s Award”.
• Only First Short films are eligible to participate for the “CYIFF GOT TALENT Award”.
• All other short films are eligible for the "CYIFF Short Films Awards".
CYIFF General the Categories:
• the Feature Films (up to 120 minutes) - All genres (Including Animation and Documentaries Produced at The Last 36 months)
• Short Films (up to 20 minutes) - All genres (Including Animation and Documentaries Produced at The Last 36 months)
• "Women Films" are eligible for Cinematic Award at The Aphrodite. A FEMALE Films with Director and / or Producer (NO Restriction in Production's year, genre or DURATION).
• "a 50/50" Films with 50% and 50% Women in Men credits
• Films about PEACE